Position Title: Installer
State College, PA
Responsible for providing excellent service in the installation of Acorn stair lifts. Works with integrity, proper business ethics, and empathy. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional company image.
- Install modular rail systems to residential staircases (indoor, outdoor)
- Install and test transformer wiring and power supply.
- Install carriage and seat to rail systems and complete diagnostic checks.
- Troubleshoot and service any/all components of carriage/seat/rail system.
- Track and maintain bar code based inventory control system for all vehicle and company inventory assigned.
- Complete work reports for each field visit and liaise with installation and tech support department for adequate reconciliation of payments, parts and service.
- Collect and forward all payments in accordance with Acorn’s Payment Acceptance Procedure.
- Provide exemplary customer service according to Acorn standards.
- Perform annual service visits and complete preventive maintenance and testing on all systems.
- Complete all initial and recurrent training modules to maintain authorized Acorn training standards.
- Maintains all company provided equipment (vehicle, technology, uniforms, storage facility) to company published standards.
- Observes all health/safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Must be computer/technology savvy using applications Microsoft Office, Windows PC and hardware such as tablets, barcode scanners, etc.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
- Adheres to work schedule
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with installing stair lifts is preferred.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; weekends may be required.
- Drivers’ license required; prolonged amounts of time operating a vehicle.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Please apply directly at: https://www.acornstairlifts.com/careers/openings?gnk=apply&gni=8a7881a8612bf60a01616cc96caf0721&gns=ZipRecruiter
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Acorn Stairlifts is an international, family owned company founded in 1992 that employs thousands worldwide. The core business is the manufacture, sale and service of stairlifts.
The USA headquarters for Acorn Stairlifts is located in Orlando, Florida, along with our network of authorized dealers, and distribution centers in Florida, New Jersey, and California.
Acorn also has a major presence in Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Italy, South Africa and Germany, making Acorn a global leader in the stairlift industry.
Location/Region: State College, PA (US)