The Network Security Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems used in our Security Operations Center (SOC). This includes following procedures to triage and investigate security alerts, and escalate issues as necessary. SOC Network Security Engineers have opportunities for mentorship from more senior members of the team, involvement with maturing procedures, and evaluating new security technologies. Ensuring client satisfaction and quieting their networks are essential in this position. The Network Security Engineer Level I position is a key contributor in the success of securing our clients’ networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents and constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents.
- Performs network security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response. Coordinates with other team members and management to document and report incidents.
- Maintains records of security events investigated and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing systems.
- Ensure that we are implementing best practice security policies that address the client's business need while protecting their vital corporate assets.
- Take on other Security Operations responsibilities when not fully occupied with SOC monitoring duties. This includes but is not limited to, vulnerability scanning and patch management, access control governance and oversight, exceptions tracking, security tool management, tuning, and configuration, along with metrics and reporting.
- Performs sales engineering support functions including asset inventory, vulnerability scanning, and other functions as needed to assist in closing business with the sales team.
- Strong networking skills to include WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, network configurations, and security protocols.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Windows and Linux.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated. Able to work independently.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: Telephone skills, active listening, and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Strong analytical skills to define risk, identify potential threats, and develop action/mitigation plan
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to present technical risks and issues to non-technical audiences
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Willingness to work on-call some nights and weekends as incidents or events dictate.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in Computer Science, Network Management, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of network and/or network security experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Preference given to applicants with Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, ConnectWise CCPA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP, A+ Certification, NET+ Certification, Security+ Certification.
- Successful candidate must be able to acquire professional certification within 6 months of hire date.
Reclamere, Inc. is a data security company offering a full range of specialized IT Asset Management and Data Security Services. Founded in 2001 Reclamere is a market leader in providing, environmentally compliant management solutions for end-of-life computer equipment and data destruction services. Our team provides services that save time, money, and minimize any detrimental impact related to improper disposal of IT equipment. By engaging industry-leading enterprise Asset & Data strategies, Reclamere exists to protect sensitive information against data breach and data theft, while alleviating any liability issues related to the environmental impact of disposal. Discover more at:
Location/Region: State College, PA (US)