ACPI has joined forces with Masco Cabinetry to form Cabinetworks Group, a new national leader in the cabinetry industry. At Cabinetworks Group, we care about our people and our community. If you are hardworking, energetic, and want to have a career in a successful, growing company, we want you! Don’t wait – apply today! We are up and running! Interviews are now being conducted!
2nd and 3rd shifts needed!
Position Purpose of the Maintenance Technician
In supporting the cabinet manufacturing operation, you will be called upon to plan, layout and perform a variety of mechanical, electrical and electronic installations. You will also need to perform various mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs on all plant machinery and equipment.
In our plant, we celebrate safety as our most important work standard. We have well defined safety procedures for all equipment and we train all operators on these crucial processes. We are looking for people that are flexible, who show initiative and who are interested in learning new things.
Our plant is a shift operation. Shifts are assigned by availability and seniority. This position has the possibility to be assigned to a different shift (according to seniority). The established times for normal shift operations are as follows:
1st Shift – 7:00am to 3:30pm
2nd Shift – 3:00pm to 11:30pm
3rd Shift – 11:00pm to 7:30am
Essential Responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician
- Ensure the safety of all department as well as machines to ensure the safety of plant personnel
- Follow all safe work practices and procedures. Wear all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure all proper lockout/tag out procedures are followed
- Install, remove, maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a wide variety of electrical and mechanical equipment and components related to the facilities and equipment used in cabinet manufacturing.
- Connect PC and PLC, load and download, troubleshoot program
- Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings and or verbal instructions to repair/replace motors, drives, controllers, communication systems and other related equipment
- Install conduit, brackets and framework for mountings
- Tear down complex units, determine extent of trouble, repair and or replace defective or worn parts and wiring, reassemble, reset, adjust or reprogram system for proper operation in a timely manner
- Assist Engineering Department in wire drawings or diagrams in order to maintain up-to-date prints
- Detect and report faulty material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision
- Operate company vehicles as required
- Maintain work areas in clean and orderly manner
- Perform these and other related functions and duties as assigned or directed
Qualifications of the Maintenance Technician
- Work in a safe manner at all times being aware of potential hazards in the area and safeguarding against those hazards
- Possess High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Knowledge of PLC language and operation which may in clued applied installation, programming and operation on a machine
- Strong knowledge and ability to perform electrical wiring from low voltage control wiring up to and including 460 volt 3-phase AC
- Ability to proficiently read wiring, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams as well as schematics for troubleshooting and diagnostic purposes
- Ability to fabricate simple brackets, hangers, etc. as required
- Ability to install and wire motors and auxiliary electrical equipment for small or large, simple or complex machines involving controls with multiple interlocking and safety devices and requiring use of conduit boxes and other accessory parts
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a fork lift operator’s license
- Ability to work other shifts after first 6 months of work (depending on need and seniority)
- Must be able to work weekends when required
Physical Demands of the Maintenance Technician
LIGHT - Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Cabinetworks Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity in race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. Cabinetworks Group does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Location/Region: Mount Union