Geisinger’s Division of Psychiatry has openings for two full-time or part-time Psychiatrists for our Lewistown, Pennsylvania practice:
- Medical Director- Lewistown Hospital Inpatient Adult Psychiatric Unit
- General Adult Psychiatrist- Inpatient and Outpatient practice at the Lewistown Hospital and local Geisinger community practice sites
Geisinger’s Division of Psychiatry is a multi-site practice which includes a residency program, research opportunities, and access to Geisinger Medical Center, our main campus in Danville which houses a full spectrum of services and modalities. The Division of Psychiatry is an integral part of Geisinger’s continual advances in care and the Lewistown Hospital practice is an essential part of this growing regional practice. We are expanding our practice in many areas, including an Integrated Care Practice.
We are seeking candidates interested in developing and sculpting the role of a psychiatrist as it is integrated in the hospital and outpatient settings with other behavioral health professionals. The physicians will be responsible for:
- Taking the lead role as Medical Director for our IP unit, managing the IP staff to assure the highest quality of care the unit and the hospital
- Developing a practice in the Lewistown setting with the resources of a well-connected academic team at the Danville campus.
Opportunities exist for academic involvement with training medical students, interns and post-doctoral fellows, and neuropsychology fellows, as well as our newly established, ACGME-accredited Psychiatry Residency program.
Psychiatrists offered academic appointments have the opportunity to become Core Faculty, more fully involved in teaching, supervision, and mentorship to academic work, and receive support for research projects.
Geisinger Lewistown is a 123-bed acute care community hospital serving the 80,000 residents of Mifflin and Juniata counties and members of the contiguous counties of Centre, Perry, Snyder, and Huntingdon. Established in 1905, the hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, wellness and community services while employing over 1,000 full-time and part-time employees and providing a Medical Staff consisting of more than 150 physicians and allied health.
Quality of Life: The State College region offers an outstanding quality of life in a university town environment, including excellent restaurants and cultural activities, and some of the top nationally-ranked public and private schools. State College offers easy access to Interstate-80 and a local airport for weekend getaways to Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and New York City.
Geisinger psychiatrists enjoy:
- generous time off and CME policies,
- a substantial CME stipend
- retirement plans, comprehensive health insurance and prescription plans
For more information, please visit geisinger.org/careers or contact: Karen Rubbe, Talent Management, Geisinger
Location/Region: Lewistown, PA (17044)